Welcome to the MCT Master-class training program. We have successfully trained over 250 practitioners in MCT from over 10 countries. The MCT Master-class aims to provide state of the art training for clinicians or specialists to develop a high level of competency in MCT. This training program is arranged by the Metacognitive Therapy Institute in Manchester and Trondheim. Dr. Adrian Wells and Dr. Hans M Nordahl are responsible for the program. In addition our affiliates of MCT-I in the UK also provide supervision and management of training. All supervisors are experienced clinical psychologists and have been trained in MCT and work as clinicians and supervisors in health and academic settings.
The next masterclasses will be in Copenhagen, Denmark in 2018.
If you are interested in the Copenhagen 2018 masterclass please click here
Terms & Conditions
Attendance and Assessments: All participants must attend at least 6 workshops in order to receive a certificate of attendance. In addition every participant must submit a video tape of an MCT session at the mid-point of training for feedback and evaluation. The evaluation is undertaken by your buddy on the basis of a competency rating scale. Participants are also expected to attend the group supervision sessions with the expert supervisor that are held at the training workshops. It is a course requirement that participants submit a minimum of 10 completed supervision logs that have been implemented by email and reach minimum standards before they can receive their level 1 diploma.
Two levels of acceptance are available as exit awards from the programme. For those who do not complete the minimum required supervision but otherwise meet course requirements a ‘certificate of attendance’ is awarded. The full award is a ‘level 1 diploma,’ which is awarded to those participants who have completed all course requirements and the required amount of supervision. The award of the diploma leads to eligibility for MCT-I registration and the use of a protected title. It also confers the benefit of eligibility for higher level training.
Fees: The fee for participation is (GBP 4950) for the whole program. This includes the workshops, supervision, equipment, handouts and materials provided at the venues. The fee can be paid in two or more instalments.
Ethical conduct: All participants are required to pay close attention to the ethical codes of conduct during their training. Knowledge shared about patients and other therapists during training must be treated responsibly and with due care and consideration. Patient-related material is confidential and must not be communicated to other people. Confidentiality and anonymity of patients must be maintained at all times. Any violation of this requirement or other professional misconduct will lead to the termination of the candidate’s training within the MCT Master-class.
- Times for lectures and supervision: The teaching day usually runs from 10.00am to 5.00pm on day 1 of the workshop and on day 2 from 09.00am to 4.00 pm.
- Information about bookings: You may wish to make your own travel and accommodation arrangements. Our organiser can provide you information about suitable hotels and access to venues etc.
- Feedback ratings: We aim to continuously adapt and enhance training to meet the learning needs of participants. To facilitate this process we normally ask participants to complete MCT-I feedback forms at the end of the workshop.
- Expenses: Expenses such as travel and accommodation and some lunches and beverages’ must be covered by the participant. More information about costs will be provided by our organizer.
- Other conditions. You will need to present in English both orally and in writing so your English language skills must be good. It is expected that you act in accordance with the requirements of the MCT-Institute. You will promote evidence based treatments and MCT, contribute in the prevention of mental health problems and be active in professional settings to communicate and share knowledge learned from MCT practice and research.
The best way to access literature and test materials is trhrough the internet link: www.mct-institute.com
The MCT Masterclass is an international training program so the official language for the teaching and supervision is English.
How and when to apply
To apply you can enclose your CV (max 3 pages) with description of your clinical experience and contact address. The application should be addressed by e-mail to:
Hans M Nordahl (email@example.com)
Applications should be received by 1 December 2017.
For more information contact: Dr. Hans M Nordahl (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)